“Removing Roadblocks on Your Path to Success”
Does Your Company Culture Foster Innovation?
How important is company culture? Did you know that a high performing culture can actually drive performance? And your company culture can even be the determining factor in your ability to recruit the best candidates. Why do you think Glassdoor has used their resources to create their guide on the 50 best places to work? It’s because job seekers want to find a work environment that has a reputation for being one of the best places to work.
No one wants to spend their days dreading their day-to-day tasks in a sterile work environment. Employees have an innate desire to be challenged and to work in an atmosphere that fosters innovation. Take HubSpot for example; their entire foundational values are based on transparency, internal collaboration and “intrepreneurship”. They consistently attract employees that challenge conventional thinking, and these “mini-CEO’s” have been able to quickly skyrocket HubSpot to a leader in marketing software alongside other big names in the industry such as Marketo and Eloqua.
Are you wondering how you can land on one of the “Best Places to Work” lists? It might mean that a culture change is in order. Take a look at your current business and ask yourself if you’re promoting the right values. A good place to start is by following these best practices.
- Encourage free time. Let your team get some time in between projects to refocus and re-energize.
- Don’t hold back on celebrations. Recognize your employees for their achievements and hold regular events to let employees enjoy their success.
- Foster learning. Provide opportunities to learn and grow and assist employees with career paths.
- “If you love them set them free.” Provide your employees with autonomy and decision making power where it’s appropriate to build confidence and strong key players.
- There’s no such thing as a dumb question. Allow for open and nonjudgmental communication in your office. Every question is a good question, and you never know what wacky question or idea will be your businesses next home-run.
By promoting the above values in your business you can help to steer your company culture into a direction that will have candidates drooling at the chance to become a member of your team. For more ideas, check out our latest post “Driving Innovation through your Company Culture,” where we provide even more tips and insight into leveraging your culture to improve your business performance.
Hope you have a great week! And don’t forget to check out our services by clicking the button below.
Until next month, we wish you the very best and much success in your business.
March 2011 Newsletter
This newsletter is intended to provide generalized information that is appropriate in certain situations. It is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient, for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer. The contents of this newsletter should not be acted upon without specific professional guidance. Please call us if you have questions.
Copyright 2014, Pacific Crest Group, All rights reserved.